Bedford Middle School's Scholastic News Source

Ursus

A Night of Dreams Coming True

Bedford’s Got Talent

Sarah Corneck

Miko Coakley, Staff Writer

The auditorium was almost jam-packed a few weeks ago when Bedford’s Got Talent was performed on the stage. It lasted about two hours, and the show, in its third year, was made up of amazing seventh and eighth grade talent. The event netted $3,400, which goes to the PTA.

Parents Kelly Konstanty and Damon Conte ran this show, and their goal is to allow the performers the chance to shine and the audience to see the talented students the school possesses. There were 16 different performing groups and soloists singing, dancing, and more.

Mr. Conte introduced and complemented each act as the emcee. “I loved the diversity of the different performances, and how everyone took the show so seriously. I loved being the emcee, and being able to talk to all of the those people enjoying the show, as well as being able to work with all of the wonderful kids. All in all, I was very pleased with how the show turned out,” said Mr. Conte.

He also added that this year, the most tickets ever in Bedford history were sold, and that they broke last year’s record. As he said on the stage, “The stage is where dreams take flight. Theatre is a home where we go to seek out the thrill of live performance and acceptance. Venues like this make that possible.”

Performing in front of a crowd makes me nervous, but I’ve been working very hard, so I’m also excited.”

— Shirley Angos

The performers were Jamie Mann, Poppy Livingstone, Teresa Shahin, Madeline Harr, Ryan Sunwoo, Reese Watkins, Eamon Brannigan, Ryan Porio, Amy Ginzberg, Jasper Burke, Isabelle Katz, Sydney Gusick, Evelyn Stevens, Sophia Pappas, Shirley Angos, Colin Daines, Peter Moody, Jacob Miller, Matthew Seo, Lucy Belknap, Jaime Hebel, William Matar, Lucas Lieberman, Patrick Looby, Ellery Bodell, Jimmy Jennings, Colin Konstanty, and “Ursus”’ own Neha Navrange and Jack Dennison.

But being in the talent show was not easy.

Sophia Pappas, who sang with Shirley Angos said, “Coordinating everything was pretty hard because there were only a few rehearsals, but that was also the fun part.” For this show, about a week before it happened, Lucy Belknap, who sang “Bird Set Free” by Sia with Jaime Hebel, said, “I hope it will be a great success and that many people come to enjoy it!”

Principal Dr. Adam Rosen, who also performed with teachers a rendition of “shut-up and Dance” was struck by the guts it takes to perform. “I commend each and every student who summoned the willpower, courage and bravery to get up on stage in front of their peers and community. I hope this experience impacted a lasting positive effect. I thank and commend the numerous parents and volunteers who worked many afternoons and evenings to make this show a success.”