Ursus

Super Ads Amuse Fans

National Football League

Giants quarterback Eli Manning and wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. recreated a classic scene from the 1987 movie, “Dirty Dancing.”

NFL.com

Nick Lolis, Staff Writer

According to Admeter.com, roughly 100 million people watched Alexa lose her voice, Eli Manning dance with Odell Beckham Jr, and Tide be everywhere.

And there was a good football game to watch in between the commercials.

As much as the kids liked watching the high-pressure game, they liked watching the commercials too. Some of Bedford’s favorites were the following: Mrs. Banic said, “The double commercial for the Doritos and Mountain Dew was my favorite because it had Morgan Freeman and Peter Dinklage and how they took those two so seriously.” Sixth grader Everett Stickley said “I liked either Alexa’s backup voices or the bunch of Tide ads you thought weren’t Tide ads.” Mr. DeRosa said, “I liked the Danny Devito M&M ad because I grew up with Danny Devito movies and on TV; he is hilarious and a great pick to become an M&M.”

This reporter thought the Alexa commercial was the funniest because the backup voices were very funny in what they answered to the questions, especially Gordon Ramsay venting his anger at the person who asked Alexa how to make a grilled cheese sandwich. “The recipe’s in the name, you [expletive deleted]!”

13 Comments

13 Responses to “Super Ads Amuse Fans”

1. Madison Mayr on February 15th, 2018 9:45 am

I loved the comercials this year! I thought they were very funny. I also like the alexa one best too.

2. Apurv Sharma on February 15th, 2018 9:49 am

i like when you guys told about the Doritos and Mountain Dew.

3. Tucker on February 15th, 2018 10:03 am

I think the commercials that were listed were super funny! But next time I think Ursus should talk about the big game a little more. Even though the commercials were the highlight ; There should be more talk of the game.

-Tucker Peters

4. Evan on February 15th, 2018 10:13 am

My favriote team is the Giants. So I love it!

5. Sam on February 15th, 2018 12:00 pm

I like that you put in the Eli Manning commercial with OBJ, but I honestly I think it would be even better if you added the Super Bowl because it was an amazing game.

6. Neva Mermagen on February 15th, 2018 12:02 pm

I liked how you added one of the adds that you would be talking about at the beginning to draw the reader in 🙂

7. Teddy on February 15th, 2018 2:17 pm

I Like How You Were Very Professional When Hooking The Reader I learned A lot!

8. Jack on March 6th, 2018 8:27 am

I loved the format of the text like how you showed other students opinions on the commercials. But I think you could of explained what were in some of the commercials.

9. Emerson Briggs on March 6th, 2018 8:28 am

I also really loved watching the ads! They’re pretty much the only thing that makes me want to watch the Superbowl and I thought that this year had some especially good ones. My favorite was also the Alexa ad !

10. Matthew Bukzin on March 6th, 2018 8:34 am

I liked the way you hooked in the reader with a really cool fact. Also my favorite ad was the Alexa ad when she lost her voice.

11. Hayden Frey on March 6th, 2018 8:43 am

I thought the Amazon Alexa ad and M&M ad was hilarious. I think what made this article better was that it had other people in this schools opinion on their favorite ads.

12. Ella Tobben on March 6th, 2018 1:35 pm

I love this article! It was great for me to read because I didn’t get to see all the articles, so this was nice because now I know which ones would be the best to look up and watch.

13. Jack on March 6th, 2018 1:38 pm

I find it very cool how they all of the commercials, like the Alexa loss her voice commercial, it draws you in with a great hook ¨Alexa lost her voice¨ something that can not really happen, and the people who are doing the voices are great.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Super Ads Amuse Fans

Sports

R.I.P. Defense

• Super Ads Amuse Fans

Sports

An Amazin’ Start and A Bronx Bummer

• Super Ads Amuse Fans

Sports

The Individual Effort to Swim in Sync

• Super Ads Amuse Fans

Sports

Eagles Soar Over Patriots

• Super Ads Amuse Fans

Sports

Students Drawn to Fencing’s Physical, and Mental Demands

• Super Ads Amuse Fans

Sports

Taking a Knee During Anthem Draws Attention

• Super Ads Amuse Fans

Sports

Taking Climbing to Another Level

• Sports

Mets and Yankees Trade Places

• Super Ads Amuse Fans

Sports

Is Turf Making Us Sick?

• Super Ads Amuse Fans

Sports

Diving into Westport Water Rats

Bedford Middle School's Scholastic News Source
Super Ads Amuse Fans