Ursus

A Night of Bedford Talent

Gabby Lantier and Margot Stack singing “Unwritten” by Natasha Bedingfield.

January Stewart

Evan Trock, Staff Writer

Students and teachers who arrived at Bedford on the evening of Jan. 26 got to see amazing talent performed to a packed crowd. The “Bedford’s Got Talent” show, run by parents Kelly Konstanty and Damon Conte, started a few years ago. Each year the show has grown in popularity. The student hosts of the event were Nick Augeri and Jack Edwards. They introduced the acts and even did a lip sync of “Party in the USA” that was funny and entertaining.

January Stewart
Ishan Prasad plays “Amazing Grace” arranged by John Newton.

To kick off the event, Ishan Prasad played “Amazing Grace” on his bagpipes.

“I get to see everybody else’s cool talents,” he said. When he led it off, everybody was surprised about the interesting instrument, an instrument he says he really enjoys playing.

January Stewart
Ms. Anderson, Mr. Frangenes, Ms. Harvey, Mr. Granata, Dr. Rosen and Mr. Keeler play “Can’t Stop The Feeling” by Justin Timberlake.

In all, 22 acts took the stage. Most of the acts were students, but there was also an act comprised of teachers: Mrs. Michelle Anderson, Mrs. April Harvey, Mr. Anthony Granata, Mr. Jason Frangenes, Mr. Matt Keeler and Dr. Adam Rosen all participated. Their string ensemble was very popular and received a loud ovation.

One act that stood out was 7th grader Joy Xu. She played Chopin, Fantaisie Impromptu in C# minor. After her performance, she received a standing ovation because she memorized this five-minute piece.
“I like the opportunity to play in this environment and performing in general,” she said.
Another performance that came to the stage and was applauded by the crowd was 8th grader Ellery Bodell’s performance of “Beautiful” by Christina Aguilera.

“I love the talent show because I get a chance to express myself on stage, and I am not usually in the spotlight so I love it,” she said.

January Stewart
Jeffrey Pogue using “The Diablo” to light up the room and stage.

Another performance that truly captivated the audience was 7th grader Jeffrey Pogue using “The Diablo.” A Diablo consists of two sticks connected by a string that is used to balance a spinning object shaped like an hourglass. His glow in the dark Diablo lit up the stage.

In the talent show finale, all of our talented 7th and 8th graders sang “This is Me” from “The Greatest Showman.” The song was written by two former Staples students: Justin Paul and Ben Pasek. It was a truly fantastic and well-deserved ending to a star-studded talent show.

Truly spectacular students performed this year, and we can’t wait for next year’s performance.

7 Comments

7 Responses to “A Night of Bedford Talent”

1. Raquel Dembin on February 15th, 2018 9:51 am

This article was very entertaining you kept the news going with the use of quotes and pictures.

2. Raquel Dembin on February 15th, 2018 9:52 am

The description was great of all the acts you described. I could even picture them all doing their talents.

3. Cameron Mann on February 15th, 2018 9:53 am

I like it how you guys described some of the acts by students and teachers and then asked them what they think about the show. It shows why they decided to participate.

4. sam montagna on March 6th, 2018 12:05 pm

i think that this article was very helpful because my friends were talking about it and this sounds exactly like they told me. so that made me think that they had very good evidence

5. Leigh Foran on March 6th, 2018 12:08 pm

This article was very well written and exciting. Even though I wasn’t there, I felt like I was actually at the show!

6. Annika Reddy on March 6th, 2018 12:15 pm

I liked how you shared what they did in really good words I could picture I was there. I didn’t go to the talent show so I really liked how you guys wrote it so I could feel like I was there!

7. Maya Cohen on March 6th, 2018 1:35 pm

I love the idea of having a talent show at our school. I think every student deserves a time to shine. Also the article was very well written with captivating photographs it was like almost being there.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• A Night of Bedford Talent

A & E

All will Love ‘Love, Simon’

• A Night of Bedford Talent

A & E

More Marvel Heroes Create Marvelous Movie

• A Night of Bedford Talent

A & E

Students Get a Glimpse into Musical Creativity

• A Night of Bedford Talent

A & E

A DC Full of Conspiracy, Politics, and Threats

• A Night of Bedford Talent

A & E

Love’s Power to Cross Borders

• A Night of Bedford Talent

A & E

The Force is Strong in this Franchise

• A Night of Bedford Talent

A & E

Marvel v. DC: Superheroes Battling for your Attention

• A Night of Bedford Talent

A & E

‘Stranger Things’ Leaps Out of the Upside Down and into Middle Schoolers’ Lives

• A Night of Bedford Talent

A & E

Bedford Acting Group Follows the Yellow Brick Road

• A Night of Bedford Talent

A & E

We are Not in Kansas Anymore; We are at BMS

Bedford Middle School's Scholastic News Source
A Night of Bedford Talent